Note: References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” mean Interworld Travel Pty Ltd ACN 061 625 502 trading as Flightworld and trading as Cruiseworld (Travel Agents Licence No 9TA796) and a member of the Travel Compensation Fund. References to “you” mean any person who makes a booking with us and include any user of our website.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from that information or opinion.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We also may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about tickets or our products, services and packages; when you enter competitions, register for promotions, sign up for newsletters or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information about you when we invite you to complete surveys or when you provide us with feedback.
What personal information we collect
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiry date, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues (if any) relevant to your travel arrangements. We also collect information that is required for use in our business activities, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions. We collect any other information you may elect to provide us.
We are required by law to obtain your consent for the collection of sensitive information.
Acting as agent
We act as agent for many hundreds of companies, so it is not possible for us to set out in this statement exactly how each of these companies will use your personal information, but we are happy to provide more specific information to you if you email your query to us at email@example.com
Our use of personal information
We may use some of your personal information to provide you with travel and travel related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or collateral purpose. Examples of such purposes are:
- Investigating possible fraud or error;
- Compliance with regulations;
- Developing, improving and marketing of our products, services and packages;
- Improving our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- Seeking responses from you regarding our relationship;
- To make available to you participation in loyalty programs;
- For statistical analysis;
- For marketing including but not limited to letters, emails and text advisories;
- Internal purposes.
Disclosure of information third parties
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to regulatory entities and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities;
- to third parties such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your travel arrangements; and
- to third parties who may seek to involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the services we provide.
- to third parties for the purpose of statistical analysis.
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right. For more information, see the heading above, titled “Acting as agent”.
Access and correction of personal information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we invite you to access and correct any personal information we may hold about you. In the unlikely event that we deny you access, we will provide you with the reason for such denial.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments / complaints
Changes to our Policy